Business Support Opportunities
Employers can play a vital role in helping students, teachers and parents understand what the careers of the future will require and how to better prepare for them. As the economy across Guilford County and the nation changes, businesses can work with AchieveGuilford to promote life-long learning and educational success by:
- Helping with career exploration: serve as career day speakers, offer company tours and briefings to classes and student groups, develop a shadow / internship program and provide business materials and publications to school media centers
- Assisting with teacher/counselor professional development: offer summer internships, develop briefing sessions to provide educators with a business overview, career opps and education requirements for your field and host a teacher to shadow you or a colleague
- Designating a career coach: set up one-on-one interaction with students to prepare them for future careers
- Involving employees: conduct school supply drives for the Teacher Supply Warehouse, recruit tutors & mentors to participate with school programs, participate in education programs like the Education Summit or Principal for a Day and provide seminars around parenting and educational support
- Becoming a part of the nonprofit community: join the Guilford Education Alliance Corporate Education Council or Businesses for Excellence in Education
As the economy changes in areas like biotechnology, nano-science, information technology - and more traditional areas such as manufacturing, shipping and logistics, healthcare, and education - the workforce of tomorrow will require support from businesses. Volunteer as a Business Supporter today!